WEBINAR PLAYBACK: Since March due to COVID restrictions, parishes across the country have embraced technology and social media to engage with parishioners, but is it time to raise your game? How can we best use this digital opportunity for engaging with young people? Why is Instagram proving so popular as an engagement tool in Youth Ministry?
Join Tony Brennan, National Coordinator of the Pope John Paul II Award and Lizzy Rea of Youth Ministry, Derry, to hear what they have learnt in this period, how they have actively and consistantly engaged with and ran faith programmes online.
With the aid of on-screen graphics, they share top tips on using Instagram and understanding your audience, including:
- Create a post: 05:25*
- How to send an image from your PC to your mobile: 09:00
- Tips for shooting a selfie to camera: 11:30
- ‘Also post to (Twitter & Facebook)’ explained: 16:30
- Close friends/setting up groups: 20:40 & 28:00
- Instragram stories explained: 22:25
- #Hast tags and @at explained: 31:00
- Best post content tips: 36:20
(*slide play to (05:25) 5 minutes 25 seconds)
To view the webinar click the play button on the video below.
This webinar is part of the CYMI (Catholic Youth Ministry Ireland) Autumn series of webinars.