An RE resource for your TY class
This resource has been designed specifically for young people who have enroled to the Pope John Paul II Award. It consists of 3 sessions covering Catechesis, prayer, faith discussion and choice of projects. It is ideal for Transition Year students.
The resource explained
‘How does Jesus want me to live my life’ consists of 3 sessions suitable for the classroom. The resource can be adapted for outside of school projects.
The aim of the resource is to enable students:
- To explore how working in parish and community can help a young person to discern God’s plan;
- To understand by doing activities in parish and community, where a personal faith comes into play;
- To understand that prayer strengthens our relationship with God;
- To develop an awareness of the spiritual dimension of life;
- To foster an encounter with the person of Jesus;
- To recognise that faith is a way of living life, lived out under the guidance of the Holy Trinity; and
- To encourage faithfulness to an individual’s baptismal vocation.
Students will be given the opportunity to:
- Discuss the belief that we are created in the image of God;
- Pray more deeply and more frequently; and
- Share their own faith journey with others.