Thousands of Ministers of the Eucharist are needed at the closing Mass of the World Meeting of Families 2018 in the Phoenix Park, Dublin. This Mass will be celebrated by Pope Francis on Sunday, 26 August 2018.
Call for Pope John Paul II Award Ministers of the Eucharist to serve at closing Mass of WMOF2018
The World Meeting of Families 2018 is an historic and exciting event. The Pope John Paul II Award is delighted to have the opportunity to be a part of it.
The Award is running in 24 dioceses in Ireland. We are calling on as many of those dioceses whose Pope John Paul II Award participants are trained and serving Ministers of the Eucharist to come together and serve in their role at this special Mass celebrated by Pope Francis.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 31 May 2018
Over the past few weeks we’ve had a very enthusiastic response to this call. Many have applied and their applications are currently going through the vetting process. For those who have yet to apply, please be aware that applications must be submitted by Thursday, 31 May 2018.
How to apply for this role
Volunteers should follow the steps below to apply online by the deadline to allow time for applications to be processed and to go through Garda vetting.
STEP 1: download and follow the Pope John Paul II Award WMOF2018 application instructions when completing the application.
STEP 2: apply for the role of Minister of the Eucharist online at WMOF2018 website.
STEP 3: download and complete the WMOF2018 Vetting Invitation form.
Before applying, each volunteer should:
- read and follow the Pope John Paul II Award WMOF2018 application instructions;
- ensure they know the name of their JP2 Award diocesan group leader leading the diocesan group;
- be aware they are applying as part of the national group – Pope John Paul 2 Award. They will be asked for this groups name during the application process.
Other information to note
- The Award coordinator should liaise directly with the Diocesan Safeguarding office before applicants submit their vetting application. The Safeguarding officer will confirm each applicants identity, which will speed up the vetting process.
- Applications under 18 years old only need one piece of ID – either passport OR birth certificate OR letter from their school.
- Applicants must be trained and serving Ministers of the Eucharist.
- This role is for to those who have received or currently participating in the Pope John Paul II Award and are trained Ministers of the Eucharist.
- IMPORTANT: Award Leaders accompanying the group to the Mass must also apply and go through Garda vetting.
Questions and assistance
If you have any questions or need assistance with your application please contact your Award Leader or email your questions to: email@example.com. We will be delighted to help.