We are delighted to say 180 people from 11 dioceses from across Ireland are taking part in our special pilgrimage to Rome to celebrate 10 years of the Pope John Paul II Award.
Diocese taking part
11 dioceses from the north, south, east and west of Ireland are representing over 25,000 young people who have received the Award recognising their achievements and commitment to their faith and community.
Diocese on pilgrimage:
- Ardagh & Clonmacnois
- Kildare & Leighlin
- Waterford & Lismore
Flight, accommodation and pilgrimage programme
The pilgrimage takes place between Sunday, 29 October 2017 and Friday, 3 November 2017. All information on flights, accommodation and the pilgrimage programme can be found here.
We have organised a packed programme, the highlights of which are:
- ‘Seven Churches of Rome’ walking pilgrimage lead by Bishop Donal McKeown
- Penitential service and Holy Mass at San Bartollmeo all’Isola
- Holy Mass with tour of the Pontifical Irish College
- Night tour of Rome
- Volunteering with Comunitá di Sant’Egidio night service
- Holy Mass in St Peter’s Basilica
- Angelus in St Peter’s Square with Pope Francis