Still some places available
Update: Pilgrimage to Rome 2017
Monday, 10th April 2017.
We are delighted to say that 159 participants past and present, Award leaders and coordinators from around the country have booked their places for this unique pilgrimage to Rome.
There are still some places available. If you or anyone you know may be interested in joining us please get in touch:
This year, the Pope John Paul II Award is celebrating its 10th anniversary. To mark this special occasion and celebrate the achievements of so many who have achieved the Award, a special pilgrimage to the Vatican in Rome will take place in October 2017, the highlight of which will be an audience with the Holy Father, Pope Francis.
Pilgrimage details, flights, tours and accommodation
4 Night stay in Rome
Flying from Dublin with Aer Lingus & Ryanair
Dioceses Group 1: Sunday, 29th October to Thursday, 2nd November 2017
Dioceses Group 2: Monday, 30th October to Friday, 3rd November 2017
Location: Vatican City, Rome, Italy
IMPORTANT: Please note, this pilgrimage is only for those aged 18 years and over.
THE PILGRIMAGE INCLUDES:
An Audience with the Holy Father Pope Francis
Daily Mass and a celebratory Mass in the Irish College
A visit to the tomb of Pope St John Paul II
Vatican Tour and Entrance Pass
Colosseum Tour and Entrance Pass
Return flights from Dublin to Rome
4 night stay, 3 star hotel B&B accommodation (twin and triple sharing. Single supplement applies.)
Airport transfers in Rome
Fully licensed and bonded tour operator
Take part in this special event
All Pope John Paul II Award participants past and present in Ireland and the UK are invited to take part in this pilgrimage along with their parish leaders and Award leaders.
- Meet other Award participants and Award leaders from Cork to Derry, Galway to Dublin and all counties in between.
- Share your experiences of the John Paul II Award with others who know the Award.
- Explore this historic city and visit the Papal Basilica of Saint Peter, the first Pope.
- Experience an audience with Pope Francis and hear his message first hand.
- Visit the tomb if Pope St John Paul II who this Award is commemorated to and who spoke those special words to the youth of Ireland, in Galway in 1979, ‘Young people of Ireland, I love you.‘
- Follow in the footsteps of the many pilgrims who have visited and prayed at this special holy place.